Location: Lauba – House for people and art
Organizer: Projektil and Imago Ogilvy
Event type: Best Corporate Convention / B2B
EVENT CATEGORY: CATEGORY B2B[/vc_cta][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/jP4o-ssQOqU” el_width=”50″ align=”center”][vc_custom_heading text=”Event description and key objectives” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:center” use_theme_fonts=”yes”]
The Millennial Scrapbook by miss7 (Croatian: Leksikon milenijalki) was a daily event placed in Zagreb, in a spacious urban art gallery “Lauba – House for people and art”. The event gathered all business partner representatives, and the main objective was to present a unique research about female millennials in Croatia. miss7 is a female portal and magazine with millennials as a core target group. They wanted to educate their partners and help them in a better understanding of their target market.
To tell an interesting and complete story on research, the event consisted of 6 parts:
1. reception with a photo wall and event guide
2. interactive exposition with 5 exhibits, as a sneak-peek in research results. Guests could see the important results (characteristics of millennials), take a photo with it, read, connect with miss7 social media profiles and leave an impression.
3. presentation of the research results, held by an Ipsos director and expert in research Ante Šalinović together with miss7 representative Marcela Rukavina.
4. panel discussion and Q&A on topic, where the most interesting information was discussed. Experts from different fields participated
5. Millennial Brand Awards The moment when brands could find out if they were among preferred millennial choices on the Croatian market. And the best 16 took awards home.
6. brunch and gifts Secondary objectives of the event were:
• Present miss7 as number one millennial brand
• Promote miss7 among par
1. Since the event was held to present a serious, comprehensive and detailed investigation, the challenge was to make it interesting, memorable and close to partners from different fields and industries.
2. Share a valuable information and good practices
3. The event was organized during the working hours, so it needed to be communicated as worth coming and innovative
4. Not only to present but to involve attendees, encourage them to interact
5. Present miss7 as a leading women magazine that understands millennials
6. Leave a permanent reminder on the research results
As a response to challenges, we put the story about the millennial girl at the center of communication. We wanted to make it look less like statistics and more like a story about the real person. To tell that story, we took a step back in time and found something that every millennial used with her friend as a kid – a scrapbook. It contained all her secrets, habits, and questionnaires.We wanted to tell her grown-up story in the same way, so we named the event The Millennial Scrapbook by miss7. It was connected not only with millennials but evoked positive reactions and nostalgic memories for businessmen.
All the other materials were connected to it, from the invitation to event guide and presents. The exposition was made of 5 big scrapbook pages with main topics, while the presentation of the results looked like a questionnaire from the scrapbook.
The content of the event was innovative in a few ways:
1. The research about millennial women that was presented is the first of that kind in the region. It was done on the sample of over 2000 women in Croatia, and covered all the main topics about them (psychographics, preferences about the food, drink, clothing, cosmetic and other brands, opinion about the marriage, children and real estate, consummation of media and advertisement).
2. Experts that have participated in the panel interpreted results from various perspectives (psychological, sociological, personal, scientific and statistic), connected them, and completed the insight.
3. Exposition on the event was made based on the research results. It looked like 5 big scrapbook pages with objects popping out and entering the gallery space. Each page represented 1-3 important facts about millennials. It was interactive, used different materials and mediums.
4. The Millennial Brand Award is a completely new award on the market, designed for brands that were millennials’ best and most frequent choices.
Preparations for the event were 2 months long and set up the scene in Lauba were one-day preparations. The main logistical challenge was to set up the exposition with 5 custom made exhibits. Everything was coordinated by project / event agency & management, in cooperation with suppliers and miss7 as a client. Personnel at the event were hostesses that were in charge with the reception of guests, giveaways at the end and for providing information to guests if needed. Also, technical support, the bartender in the catering zone and official photograph.
Participants in the presentation and panel discussion were experts from different fields:
- Maja Vučić – moderator, psychologist
- Ante Šalinović – Ipsos director, presenting the research results
- Marcela Rukavina – vice director for sales in 24 sata – presenting the research results
- Branka Galić – prof. dr. sc., sociologist in the panel discussion
- Anamaria Butković – miss7 journalist, millennials representative in the panel discussion
- Brand positioning – miss7 is perceived a leading millennial portal
- Millennial brand award – a new award for brands set on the market
- 100% attendees came to the event
- 200 brand managers and B2B audience
- The word about the millennial research was spread among partners, but also with the public via PR articles and sharing on social media.
The entire event communication was based on miss7 platform which positioned miss7 as woman’s best friend. The scrapbook and the playful, casual communication alongside was at the same time appropriate and educational. Clients get the valuable information about miss7 target market that will help them on how to approach to millennials efficiently. In the same time, they get to know better how miss7 works and which of their methods of communication work best with millennial women in the region. The successful event organization aligned with the client’s wishes resulted in long-term partnership and trust between organizers and clients.
Event invitations & save the date reminders were send through e-mail to avoid extra usage of unnecessary paper.