Basic Event Information
Date: 8 June 2019
Organizer: CREATIVE PRO (CZ) s.r.o.
Event: type Brand Activation
EVENT CATEGORY: CATEGORY B2C – Best Brand Activation
Event description and key objectives
RUN FOR THE OCEANS is a global movement that harnesses the power of sport to raise awareness around the threat of marine plastic pollution and inspire action amongst Adidas consumers. Runners all around the world spend a whole week collecting kilometers via the Runtastic application, through which Adidas then donates $1 to the Parley Ocean School for each km run.
- Dramatize the problem and increase awareness for the cause
- Increase Participation for local Event
- Provide a tangible Way for consumers to provide a change
- Communicate threat of ocean pollution in an ocean-less country
- Dramatize problem and increase participation among runners and people who care about sustainability
- Maximize the reach of the event with minimum budget and low impact on the environment (no advertisement materials produced).
We used the Think global-act local approach to illustrate the problem, to increase participation and to show tangible ways of making a difference. We focused on presenting local environmental issues and their global impact.
• We partnered up with celebrities and Influencers in order to show their unique stories and their individual approaches to the cause, inviting people to join the movement and take part in local events.
• We set up a local event – a kick of run pulling the community of runners, Influencers and sustainability activists together.
• We ran for sustainability. We chose to be one hundred percent ecological.
We used two special innovation materials.
Oppboga Outdoor is a biodegradable, fibre based display board for outdoor signs and displays. It does not contain plastic or PE coating. As a result, when the board has served its purpose as a sign or display, it will simply degrade naturally.
Packwall: First-class board for construction. The structural and interior boards from used beverage cartons
On a special location Strelecky island in Prague, we created a local event. It consists of one main stage where were presented Influencers, Sustainable Activists and Adidas representatives. Eco non-profit organization has an edu point to localize the message. In pop up tents were led workshops – make your own muesli, eco deodorant, canva bag. Additionally, there were workshops of surfing and yoga to support an idea of oceans. The lawn area was set up as a nice natural launch area with blankets and beanbags. All event was 100 percent ecological. From giveaway t-shirts, catering, boards, flags, info panels…
We exceeded the target.
- For KPI 150 Local Event participants we reached 210.
- For KPI 500 Runtastic sign-ups we reached 20+K.
- For KPI 300K social media we reached 310389.
- For KPI 1MIO media reach we reached 17MIO.
- Runners in the Czech Republic ran with Runtastic application 119,223 km.
Communication was divided into 4 main phases.
- Tease (duration: 5 weeks) – Educate about oceans pollutions – local pollution and Create urgency & awareness around the problem
- Recruit locals for the event (duration: 2 weeks) – Explain the local and global impact
- Participate (1 week) – Celebrate participants and encourage impacting change
- Recap (1 week) – Celebrate results
The media campaign was running on own social media channels Facebook and Instagram and supported by articles on other social media. Supported by Influencers, Sustainable activists with their unique stories and their individual approaches to the cause, inviting people to join the movement and take part in local events. The outdoor campaign was covered by guerilla Aqua Ads around the Prague and Educational panels were placed on the location of Strelecky Ostrov for 2 weeks before an event. Our social media reach was 310+K with total media reach 17+MIO.
The use of sustainable practices
We ran for sustainability. We chose to be one hundred percent ecological.
• Instead of printing posters, we cleaned the message to the sidewalks we used Aqua Ads
• Instead of polyester for branding flags, we used cotton and other natural and recycled materials
• Catering was vegetarian and served on biodegradable dishes (paper, wood & corn starch plastic)
• info panels were from local and natural materials.
• Giveaway t-shirts by Adidas were made of upcycled ocean plastic.
We used two special innovation materials.
Oppboga Outdoor is a biodegradable, fibre-based display board for outdoor signs and displays. It does not contain plastic or PE coating. As a result, when the board has served its purpose as a sign or display, it will simply degrade naturally.
Packwall: First-class board for construction. The structural and interior boards from used beverage cartons.