CONVENTA BEST EVENT AWARD 2019
The annual award for the best event in the region of 'New Europe'
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Every year Conventa draws attention to excellence in the meetings industry with an award for the best event in 'New Europe'.
Organizers of mind blowing events from New European region are invited to enter the competition that will again acknowledge the best in the event business. The winner will be announced in August 2019 during the Conventa Crossover conference in Ljubljana.
Who became the best event of New Europe?
25 exciting projects had applied for the award in 2018
HOW IT WORKS
Evaluation of submitted events is carried out on a three-stage basis according to a unique 80:20 model (80% of votes are contributed by the jury whilst the expert audience at the Conventa Crossover event contribute the remaining 20%).
The jury consists of 12 members who participate and have equal votes in evaluating the submitted entries. Every member of the jury makes their decision individually on the basis of their expert knowledge, reputation and authority. Each member also has the right to raise objections and questions, as well as an obligation to explain the scores given when evaluating entries to receive the main award. The work of the jury is planned and monitored by a representative of the organisational
board of the Conventa Best Event Award.
A chairperson and vice-chairperson will be chosen from among all members of the jury, who will have the deciding vote. A deciding vote is used only in cases where the results of the jury’s votes are tied.
Members of the jury are excluded from evaluation entries in which they are, or have been, personally involved, or where their companies or agencies are involved. The jury can decide not to make an award in a certain category if it decides unanimously that entries in an individual category do not meet the standards of the award.
All the interim results of the evaluations of entries, the interim evaluations by individual members of the jury and the content of discussions among members of the jury are confidential. All members of the jury and the representative of the organisational board for the Conventa Best Event Award are committed to secrecy.
WHY SHOULD I APPLY WITH MY EVENT?
Reputation of the competition
With entering your event into the competition, you will increase your reputation among the clients and the professional public. The Meetings Star award is the oldest such recognition in the field of the meetings industry.
Credibility of the jury
A competent international jury, ensuring the top-notch level of awarded events and independency of the evaluation, will evaluate your event.
Innovative evaluation model
The evaluation of registered events follows the unique three-level model 80:20 (80% of the votes come from the expert jury and 20% from the professional public at the Conventa Crossover conference).
Presentation of all the registered events
Projects will be presented on the online portal www.crossover.si which will provide an overview of the best event organisers for the clients.
Promotion of the best events
The best projects will be presented in the September’s issue of the Kongres Magazine. The awarded projects will additionally get promoted over social networks, e-newsletter, and press releases.
Conventa Best Event Award Brand
The quality label/badge which will provide an easier promotion for the registered organizers. The clients as well will receive the badge/label.
Participation at the Conventa Crossover Conference
By participating in the competition, all the meeting organizers get a free entry to Conventa Crossover.
Your event can now be THE event the meetings industry just won’t forget!
Meeting planners, don’t let your ground breaking events go unnoticed. Get the recognition you long for and deserve. Show you colleagues why you are the best at what you do!
The deadline for registering your event is 15th July 2019, and we hope that you will respond to our invitation in great numbers. We look forward to seeing you at Conventa Crossover, which will take place from 28th – 29th of August 2019 at Cankarjev Dom in Ljubljana.
The fee for registering one entry to the competition is the same as the registration fee for the Conventa Crossover 2019 conference: EUR 250 (+VAT). This includes a registration fee for one person for both days of the event.
The winners will receive:
- Registration fee for one person for participation at Conventa Crossover 2019
- The right to use the 'Best Event Award' symbol.
- Conventa Best Event Award statuette